It is during that afternoon dip, between lunch and dinner that you crave something extra. This is when my sweet tooth seems to take over, extinguishing all other thought, besides that of chocolate and other naughty sweets. Fighting this urge with nothing has been fruitless in my case, but I have found other ways to combat this… Bliss balls!!! They are so perfect. Delicious, without being unhealthy (or not completely 😛 ). This particular recipe was inspired by my aunt. They are really incredibly moorish, and really easy to make!
Makes: 20-30 balls
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 170g nut flour of choice (I used a combination of walnut and almond. You can always grind up any nuts you have)
- 40g coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp carob powder (you can replace this with more cocoa powder, or add less cocoa powder and more carob powder!)
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 145g dates pureed (if you don’t have the gooey kind of dates, pre-soak them)
- 50g coconut oil
- Shredded coconut for garnish
- Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine well.
- In a food processor add the pureed dates, coconut oil and all the dry ingredients. Blend until combined. The dough should stick together.
- Form the dough into small balls and roll them in some shredded coconut.
- Place in the fridge for storage. (I find they taste better after being refrigerated, but it is up to you.)
Let me know what you think. Enjoy! xoxo ❤