When it comes down to breakfast, I have to be honest, I am rarely bothered to make something complicated that takes a long time. Especially when I have uni.
Overnight oats are a new discovery of mine and I can highly recommend it if you are on the go in the mornings.
Once you get the hang of making this you’ll find that you can easily sub in other flavours. This recipe uses apricots, but mango, raspberry, apple, and any other fruit would go soooooo well! 🙂 It’s like having a muesli bar for breakfast! 😮
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 tbsp polenta
- an apricot
- a sprinkle of shredded coconut (optional)
- fruit for topping (optional)
- Combine the almond milk and half the water in a measuring glass.
- Whisk the chia seeds and milk/water together until they start expanding. The whisking makes sure the chia seeds don’t clump together.
- Add the oats and polenta and mix to combine.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- The next morning place the overnight oats in a food processor with the apricot, shredded coconut and some extra water if the overnight oats are too thick for your liking. I used about 1/4 of a cup, but you might need more/less. This makes the overnight oats smooth and creamy, (which is delicious) however if you’re not adding any apricots you could potentially skip this step and just leave the overnight oats as they are.
- Pour in a breakfast bowl and add some fresh fruit. I like to add some slightly heated raspberries, but anything would work.
I hope you enjoy this easy creation. Let me know what you think ❤