I’ve tried a lot of different recipes for porridge, but I think it is mainly the oats I don’t like. This alternative porridge dish is so much better in my opinion 😀 Don’t worry it doesn’t taste like polenta at all, its just creamy and can be flavoured to your liking.
This is a recipe for plain polenta porridge, but the addition of raspberries is very delicious I find.
Serves: 1 person (big serve)
Preparation/Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup of water
- 2-3 tbsp of coconut syrup/maple syrup
- Fruit for topping (optional)
- Mix the water and almond milk together.
- Add about 1/2 cup of almond/water mixture and polenta to a pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it thickens.
- Gradually add in most of the almond/water mixture bit by bit until combined and the polenta is smooth. Make sure you have some liquid left for the end. If you require more liquid you can add this as you go.
- Take the polenta off the heat and allow to cool slightly. Usually it thickens at this point, so I add in the final bit of almond/water mixture I saved.
- Pour the polenta porridge into a breakfast bowl and top with fresh fruit and syrup. If you prefer your porridge sweat, you could already add some syrup in while cooking the polenta.
Alternatively if you like to add in raspberries, coconut or something else for extra flavour, add this in while cooking the polenta so the flavour is well incorporated. Enjoy!! ❤