In the winter the most heart warming food has to be soup in my opinion. It is my favourite thing to eat when I’ve just come in from the cold. The good thing about it is that you can literally add whatever is in your fridge and it is ready within half an hour to forty-five minutes! 🙂
Pumpkin and zucchini are a great combination, and make your pumpkin soup less boring 😛 I originally added zucchini for some added nutrition, and found out it is delicious!! I am so glad I tried it, I hope you do too.
Serves: 4-6 people
Preparation/Cooking time: 30-45 minutes
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced finely
- 1/4-1/2 of a large Kent pumpkin (or other pumpkin), diced
- 1 1/2 zucchinis, sliced
- 3-4 cups of stock
- Salt and peper to taste
- Heat some olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Cook the onion until soft and tender.
- Add the herbs and spices and sauté gently with the onions. Then add in the garlic.
- Add in the pumpkin, zucchini and stock and increase heat to high.
- Cook until the pumpkin and zucchini are tender and ready to eat.
- Turn off the heat and cool slightly.
- With a hand (immersion) blender, blend the soup until smooth. If the soup has cooled down too much, heat it again over the high heat. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Divide over soup bowls, add some yoghurt or cream if desired.
I hope you all enjoy it ❤