Pancakes remind me of home and my childhood. My dad used to make pancakes once a week, my sister and I would each get one crammed full of veggies and the rest we could top however we pleased. Back then I used to love sugar and lemon, now that I am older I have become considerably more healthy 😛
So this is a recipe I created, with an approximately higher topping to pancake ratio, however it is delicious!! And as “healthy” as a pancake is going to get!
Serves: 2 people — about 3 pancakes each
Preparation/Cooking time: 30-45 minutes
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal with 4 tbsp water)
- 40g self raising flour (1/4 cup)
- 40g wholemeal flour (1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- Maple/agave syrup
- Fresh fruit
- For the pancakes prepare the flax eggs and set aside for 5 minutes of more.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk and vinegar together and set aside for 5 minutes or more.
- Measure out all the dry ingredients and mix together in a bowl.
- Add the flax eggs to the milk/vinegar mixture and mix until combined.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients while whisking, the mixture should drip of the whisk.
- Heat a frying pan with some margarine/coconut oil/butter add a spoon of mixture and fry on each side for about 5 minutes on low to medium heat, or until browned.
- Once the pancakes are done, assemble with the toppings!
Bon appétit!! ❤