Hmmmm pasta, my mouth waters at the thought. To be honest I am quite sure that a week does not go by without me eating it in some form. It is such an easy meal, that can vary and will always be delicious. Another plus, I am pretty sure that not a person out there does not like pasta, so how can you go wrong?
This is probably my favourite recipe, although I end up adding in different veggies depending on what I find in the fridge. It is quick and easy and doesn’t require any exotic ingredients (in my opinion) 🙂
Serves: 4 people
Preparation/Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground chilli (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 broccoli head, cut into small pieces
- 300g mushroom, sliced
- 6 ripe tomatoes (or used canned tomato if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 300g pasta
- Heat a large sauce pan with olive oil. Put on the water for the pasta, adding the pasta once boiled.
- Add the onions to the sauce pan and sauté over medium heat until tender and soft. Add the garlic, herbs and chilli, and cook for a further minute.
- Add the broccoli with a small layer of boiling water and cook until tender over medium to high heat. The water should have evaporated by this point (about 5 minutes). If you prefer to cook the broccoli separate that is also possible and you can add it together with the tomatoes later.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until slightly browned, then add the tomatoes and cook further for another 5 minutes.
- Finally add the tomato paste and combine.
- Distribute the pasta across four bowls and spoon the sauce over each, top with grated cheese (this can be left out if vegan).
I hope you enjoy this dinner ❤