There something about the combination of cinnamon spice on a cold winter day that instantly makes you feel warm and happy. Although I usually prefer a fruity flavoured breakfast, occasionally I like to mix it up with this delicious recipe creation.
This recipe is simple and delicious and requires no (real) sugar, so no guilt. It is filling and taste just that tiny bit like Christmas.
Serves: 2 people
Preparation time: Overnight + <5 minutes
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp polenta (optional)
- 1 tsp speculaas kruiden (1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp of ground cloves, ground cardamon, ground aniseed, ground ginger, ground coriander seeds)
- 1 cup almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 4 gooey dates
- Combine everything besides the dates in a bowl, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Soak the dates overnight if they are the hard kind, or if they are already super gooey don’t bother.
- In the morning blend it all together with the dates until smooth and top with some fresh fruit (blueberries are a delicious addition) or whatever else you like (for example coconut). It isn’t necessary to blend it if you prefer not to.