More chocolate anyone? Uhm, yes please!! 🙂 I whipped these brownies up on my mums request in about 15 minutes (with a further 12 minutes baking time) and somehow the ingredients I threw together worked. These brownies are chocolatie and not too sweet (just the way I like it). So if you need a quick dessert or a chocolate hit, give these a try!!
Makes: 9 squares
Preparation and baking time: 25 minutes
- 160 g self-raising flour (I only used half this amount and added chestnut flour for the other half with an added 1/2 tsp of baking powder, but this is up to you)
- 40 g brown sugar
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 160 g dark (vegan) chocolate
- 40 g margarine (or vegan butter/coconut oil)
- 3 (vegan) eggs (click for my flax egg recipe)
- 40 g agave syrup (or honey)
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (lower if you’re using a fan oven) and grease/line a 19 cm square tin.
- Make the vegan eggs (if you’re using regular eggs you can skip this step).
- Mix all the dry ingredients together (flour(s), sugar and cocoa powder) in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and margarine in a separate bowl above boiling water. Once melted add the eggs ( if you’re using real eggs, let the choc/marg cool a bit before adding them). Then add the syrup to the liquid.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ones and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes until transferring it to a wire wrack.
Before devouring my piece I sprinkled some shredded coconut on top which is one of my favourite combinations with chocolate. I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let me know what you think xx