Tarts for breakfast?! I know right? It sounds insane, unhealthy? But these, however, are a twits on plain oats, with a smoothie. I had no idea how good something like this could be, not until I tried it. It’s the perfect way to pimp your breakfast, or maybe something for a special occasion 😉
If you prefer, the smoothie part can easily be replaced by (vegan) yoghurt (plain or flavoured). I hope you guys give these delicious tarts a try 🙂
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup dates (plus some of the water you soak them in)
- 1 banana
- 1 (green) apple, (or other fruit, berries, etc.)
- Fresh fruit
- Soak dates (if not already super soft) in water for half an hour.
- Oil/grease two small tart tins and put them aside.
- In a kitchen aid, blend the oats, coconut, chia and dates until it sticks together.
- Divide the mixture over the two tart tins and push it down until even.
- Blend the banana and apple together (add some (almond) milk if required).
- Divide the smoothie over the two tart crusts, and top with some fresh fruit. You can place them in the fridge overnight, or you can eat them straight away! 😛
Hope you love it!! xx