What do you think of chia pudding when mentioned? Do you think deliciousness, or frog spawn? To be honest I thought the latter up until I tried it, and I found that looks can be deceiving even in the case of food 😀 As for the flavouring, I find pretty much any fruit goes so well. I cannot explain it, but it is so, so delicious, it makes me so happy. I often end up making these in the morning and eating them as a snack when I get those sugar cravings in the afternoon, they always cheer me up, and give me a boost. Seriously, if you have a bit of time on your hand, you must try them.
Preparation time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes minimum in fridge
- 5 tsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 apple
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 pear
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 nectarine (optional)
- Fresh fruit to top (optional)
- Whisk chia seeds with almond milk for at least a minute until well combined and no chia seeds float on the top. Place in fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes (or overnight).
- For the green smoothies blend the apple, avocado, spinach and 1/3 cup of almond milk.
- For the orange smoothie blend the pear, carrot, nectarine and 1/3 cup of almond milk.
- Assemble everything by either layering it or pouring it in at random and seeing what happens. Top with fruit (I used dragon fruit stars, figs, strawberries and blueberries, but any fruit or none is delicious).
Hope you guys enjoy this. Let me know what you think xoxo