Have you ever fallen into the trap of buying one of these babies? They can rob you of close to five dollars each sometimes!! 😮 Madness, since they are so easy to make. This recipe is simply an example of the wild ways you can go about making them. Once you get the hang of it, you can throw these together in the blink of an eye, ready to cater guest, or delight your own drooling tastebuds. (Might also be a fun thing to do with children.) Don’t be afraid to try some new flavour combinations! Hope you enjoy the making as well as the eating 🙂
Preparation time: 30-45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Date paste (2 cups of whole dates soaked overnight, blended until paste has formed)
- 1 cup Pumpkin purée (just over 2 cups of cubed raw pumpkin, cooked and blended until puréed)
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Coconut flour
- 2 tbsp Speculaas kruiden (1 tbsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp of ground cloves, ground cardamon, ground aniseed, ground ginger, ground coriander seeds)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cashews, chopped
- 1/4 cup (vegan) chocolate chips
- In a kitchen aid (or by hand) mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for an hour or so (this is optional, but useful, since the mixture is easier to work with).
- Form into small bite-sized balls.
- Finally coat with whatever you like, I used shredded coconut, cocoa powder and turmeric. But it is up to you.
Enjoy!! Let me know what you think xx